15 - De La Soul - 3ft High And Rising


3FT HIGH AND RISING

intro/the magic number/change in speak/cool breeze on the rocks/can you keep a secret/jenifa taught me (derwin's revenge)/ghetto thang/transmitting live from mars/eye know/take it off/a little bit of soap/tread water/potholes in my lawn/say no go/do as de la does/plug tunin' (last chance to comprehend)/de la orgee/buddy/description/me, myself and i/this is a recording 4 living in a fulltime era (LIFE)/i can do anything (delacratic)/D.A.I.S.Y. age/plug tunin'
And mentioning hiphop as it should be... This is the most inventive rap album ever! That is if you consider that rap evolved rather than was originated by one artist. De La Soul pretty much re-invent the world they are living in by melding 30 years of music into one album and twisting it to fit their own unique view of life. Outstanding.

No comments: