16 - Queen - Greatest Hits



QUEEN GREATEST HITS

bohemian rhapsody/another one bites the dust/killer queen/fat bottomed girls/bicycle races/you're my best friend/don't stop me now/save me/crazy little thing called love/somebody to love/now i'm here/good old-fashioned lover boy/play the game/flash/seven seas of rhye/we will rock you/we are the champions


Yes, I know, cheesy and overblown and a greatest hits? But this is the fun side of cheesy and the operatic side of overblown; and if you are going this route then a greatest hits is within the boundaries too. Whatever the lack of credibility involved this album hits the spot it's aiming at and I enjoy it for what it is. You should too!

2 comments:

Nik Nak said...

Absolutley, a lack of credibility; – you should have included volume 2, as well!

Personally, though, I’ve not bothered about anything they’ve recorded with Paul Rodgers; – not wanting to slight the man’s abilities …

I grew up on Queen, and the modern line up lacks both the late great Freddie Mercury, and bassist John Deacon, who wrote Radio Gaga, and Another One Bites The Dust, their two biggest Hits.

Nik Nak said...

And WHERE did you put the Double Grooovy button; – this, although not A Night At The Opera, deserves it.